Last modified July 23, 2019
I. Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You use the Services, contact or interact with us, fill out a form, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Services.
When You contact us, We may collect: Your name, email address, zip code, and any other information that You provide to us voluntarily.
When You submit information related to one of our contests or awards We may collect: Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, and anything else You voluntarily provide.
When You access and use the Services, We automatically collect information regarding You and Your device, including Your device’s Internet Protocol address, the domain name of Your Internet service provider, Your location, the Services features You use and the time of Your use, Your mobile device information (e.g. device model and operating system version), and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below.
We may collect information about You from third-party sources.
- Twitter. We use Twitter to connect with You and to administer contests. If You connect with us through Twitter, We may receive Your public profile (which includes Your Twitter User ID, Your profile photo, Your public information, and Your connections’ User IDs), Your language, Your country, whether You are in an age group, for instance, between 18-20, or 21 and over, and other information from your Twitter profile. We may also be able to access, store, and update the information You share through Twitter.
II. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which You provided it;
- To provide information and services to You;
- To conduct contests;
- To connect with Your social media accounts and share information with you, should you choose to connect with Heal for Real’s social media accounts;
- To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- To send You information about Your relationship or transactions with us;
- To administer, operate, and improve the Services or develop new services;
- To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Services;
- To send periodic emails. If You choose, the email address You provide may be used to send You occasional news, updates, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Services;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Services and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our organization;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
III. How Your Information is Disclosed
B. Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our organization otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
D. Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
E. Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
G. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that are transferred to and stored on Your computer through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Services.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) are data files that can be created on Your computer by the websites You visit and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of Your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Services against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Services may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Services and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
Any information collected through the Services is stored and processed in the United States. If You use our Services outside of the United States, You consent to have Your data transferred to the United States.
V. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Services and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, and/or the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Services to function properly.
VI. Links to Other Websites or Applications
VII. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Services.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Closing Your Account –If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may remove it from our system without notice.
VIII. Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of the Services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Services. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XI. How to Contact Us
XII. Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com or writing us at Blood Centers of America, 1300 Division Road Suite 102, West Warwick, RI 02893.